This is an introduction to the most basic business chatbots, the purpose is to let small companies know chatbots.
Benefits of building a very basic chatbot
- Very low development and maintenance costs
- Help businesses understand chatbots and can upgrade at any time
- Improve customer experience
- Work 24 x 7 x 365
The basic functions of chatbots include:
- Answer some questions
- Show products/services
- Guide customers to visit
- Collect user contact information
- Take subscription
- Connect to live chat
- Link to website, blog, social media
The basic elements of chatbots:
The two necessary elements include
2. Default answer-The default answer means that when the chatbot does not understand a visitor’s message, the chatbot will give a pre-set message in order to restart the chat, or leave customer information for the business to reply or subscribe, or end chat.
As the basic function of reply, text is a must.
Main menu: Display main information and used as navigation.
Gallery: Display pictures horizontally, used to display products.
Typing: "seems" chatbot is typing and answering questions.
Others include audio, video, images, gif & emoji etc.
How to Build a Basic Chatbot
It includes three parts
1.Understand the Chat & Messenger platforms
The following platforms can all be used to build chatbots. Users can decide to choose a suitable platform according to their own planning.
Facebook Messenger, Discord, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Alexa, Skype, Google Assistant, Slack, WeChat, Viber, Line, Kik
Also website, email.
2.Understand the technology and platform required to develop chatbots
The most important thing to choose a platform is to understand their prices. You should first understand their prices in order to make a good budget.
Python, NodeJS, Dialogflow
Chatfuel, Manychat, Botsify, FlowXO
3.Design and develop chatbots
Set goals based on your budget
Establish effective communication with developers
Use any elements can be used to achieve the above-mentioned functions.
Prepare for the next steps, including data collection, analysis and upgrade.